Service & Amenity Updates
With the recent government mandates regarding social restrictions, we have made changes to our operations and want to ensure you are informed. We have adjusted the hours of operations for the following services:
- Chandler’s Restaurant and Lounge is open daily with a limited “to-go” menu from 8am-6pm. View Menu.
- In Room Dining is currently unavailable. *If you should wish to have meals delivered to the hotel, we ask that you please receive food or items at the front of the hotel, rather the delivery be made to your room.
Ponto Pool is open from Friday - Sunday from 9am-8pm and Monday - Thursday from 9am-7pm with limited capacity on a first come first serve basis. The hot tub remains closed. Please check-in with the pool attendant upon arrival.
Fitness Center is open 24 hours.
Ocean Crest Spa is open. Spa hours are Thursday-Monday from 9am - 6pm, by appointment. Please view our menu here and call 760-683-5555 for appointments.
Surf Ride Adventure Lounge is temporarily closed.
Carlsbad and Encinitas City Beaches and California State Parks are open to the public including use of parking lots while respecting the social distancing requirements in place.
For any groups, weddings, meetings or special events, please contact Rob Stirling at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 977-5135 to discuss planning your future event.
Check-in Time: 4:00pm l Check-out Time: 12:00pm
We understand during these uncertain times plans may change, so we have made your reservations even more flexible. Please visit our updated cancellation policy page.
We do charge a nightly Resort Fee of $25. Please discover what it includes here.
Commitment to Heath & Safety
Our team is committed to providing every guest with the peace of mind to relax and enjoy their time with us. You will be welcomed by a team of individuals that have been fully trained on the importance of upholding the highest level of sanitation standards and the sensitivity of the current circumstance which we are in.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Masks or cloth face coverings are required to be worn by guests and team members, outlined by the State of California here.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by all associates based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
- Gloves will be provided to associates whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts and CDC guidelines including housekeeping, engineering, and any major operating departments in direct contact with guests.
SOCIAL AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING
Social and physical distancing, one of the most effective tools used to control and reduce the spread of Covid-19, is being taken very seriously at Cape Rey Carlsbad Beach.
- Seating in all public areas, pools, and lounges is positioned at least six feet apart.
- We recommend that all guests do their part and strive to maintain at least six feet between themselves and others.
- Social distancing is practiced by all associates on property and the health of each individual is being closely monitored.
- All property outlets will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits.
- Stairwells and alternatives to elevators are clearly marked and open for guest use.
ASSOCIATE & GUEST HEALTH CONCERNS
- Our associates have been given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to local health officials.
- Associates are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are trained on how to handle encountering guests or associates exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
- If we are alerted to a presumptive case of COVID-19 at the property, we will work with the Public Health Officials to follow the appropriate actions recommended.
We are pleased to participate in Hilton’s CleanStay Program. We understand that our guests’ expectations for cleaning and disinfection have changed. That’s why Hilton has partnered with RB, makers of Lysol® & Dettol®*, to help deliver an even cleaner stay from check-in to check-out.
HOW WE KEEP PUBLIC AREAS CLEAN
- High touch areas, such as, but not limited to doors, door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, public phones, furniture in public spaces, remote controls, signature pads, credit card readers, and drinking stations are cleaned and disinfected using the approved Lysol* products on a frequent and routine basis.
- Our team upholds a strict schedule of routine hand sanitation throughout their time on property.
- High traffic areas, such as but not limited to entryways, hallways, and elevators are cleaned and sanitized routinely rather than late at night when there are no guests around.
- Public restrooms are cleaned with increased frequency. Flushers, locks, walls, toilet seats, dispensing stations, sinks, faucets, and doors are disinfected during each service.
- All reception areas (front desk, host stand, etc.) are wiped down between every guest interaction with assistance of agent/host.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at all guest and associate entrances and contact areas such as hotel lobby, restaurant, entrances, meeting and convention spaces, elevator landings, fitness center and pool.
- A variety of touchpoints in our public spaces have been removed and for those that remain, enhanced sanitation routines are in place.
- We also encourage guests to use the digital check-in for a contactless arrival experience. When you book direct on Hilton.com or with the Hilton Honors app, you can check-in, choose your room, access your room with a Digital Key and check-out using your phone!
HOW WE CLEAN YOUR GUEST ROOM
Daily Housekeeping Service
- For our guests’ safety, we’ve eliminated a portion of the touch-points in our guest rooms.
- As an additional precautionary measure, there will be no daily in-room housekeeping services during your stay. However, we will provide you with extra towels and amenities in advance to last the duration of your stay. Additional no-touch delivery services may be requested and coordinated with our associates upon check-in.
- If room service is needed during your stay, we would be more than happy to schedule service when you are not occupying the room.
Enhanced Guest Room Cleaning Process
- Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Beginning with the removal of all used items such as bedding and towels. Followed by vacuuming carpet, mopping floors, wiping down all surfaces using hospital grade cleaners. Then, we do an additional disinfecting step with Lysol® products including all surfaces of the room, all switches, electronic controls, handles, and knobs.
- After the room is thoroughly cleaned, fresh laundered linens and towels are replaced. Finally, our housekeeping inspector verifies the room meets the CleanStay standards and places the Hilton CleanStay Room Seal with Lysol® protection over the door.
For additional information please visit the Front Desk or call 760-602-0800.